With such beautiful, long days ahead, the only place to be is outdoors. It’s time for planning those exciting summer adventures, spending time exploring, and making memories with your loved ones – even your pet. Fortunately, there are a great many things you and your pet can do to make the most of your summer together. Here are just a few ideas we love and can’t wait to share with our four-legged companions:
- Head to the Beach – No summer is complete without several trips to the beach! Just imagine those gorgeous blue skies and sparkling water – it’s the perfect day! So, share it with our pup. They’ll love relaxing under the umbrella by your side, running in the sand playing fetch, and cooling off in the ocean waves. Just be sure to play it safe in that heat, and double check that your favorite beaches are dog friendly.
- Go Camping – With the long days and nice weather, summertime is also the perfect time to spend weekends camping. Camping is a great way to share some quality time together while enjoying all of the amazing things that nature has to offer. Lots of parks and campgrounds are pet-friendly, just be sure to thoroughly look over each site’s leash regulations. You should also make sure your pet is up-to-date on all of their vaccinations and flea and tick medication before you spend time in the woods around other animals and biting insects.
- Get Wet – The best way to cool off and enjoy this heat is to splash around in the water. So, turn your backyard into your own private water park. Set up a small wading pool with cool water for your pup to soak in, or turn the sprinkler on, and watch as they run back and forth chasing the streams.
- Check Out the Farmer’s Market – During the summer, it seems like there’s a farmer’s market on every corner, and many are pet-friendly. This is a great opportunity for you and your pet to get out and enjoy the community and its local flavor. It’s also a chance for you both to socialize and spend more time outdoors enjoying everything the season has to offer.
- Share a Date – Plan a fun night on the town for you and your pet to share. Summertime for restaurants means open patios and outdoor seating in the fresh air. And, lots of restaurants allow dogs to join in the outdoor areas. So, treat yourself to a nice night out. You can enjoy a delicious meal and your pup’s company while you both socialize.
While, here in Florida, the beautiful weather is essentially year round, the summer season is a favorite though all-too brief time of year. So, be sure to make the most of it! Spend some quality time with your four-legged loved ones, and take in all of the experiences you can to forge those lasting summer memories.