With Thanksgiving just around the corner, the Fall season is in full bloom. That means temperatures are cooling, leaves are changing, feasts are cooking and pumpkin flavored everything is on the menu. It’s a beautiful time of year when friends and family, both two-legged and four, come together to enjoy all the festivities that the season has to offer. And, for all of us here in Florida, the season can come and go in the blink of an eye.
That’s why we’ve compiled a Fall bucket list filled with inspiration for you and your whole family – including your most beloved pets – to better enjoy this season to its fullest. So, get ready to experience Fall in all its glory! Here are some fun ideas for you and your loved ones:
- Enjoy the Fall Foliage on a Long Walk – One of the greatest joys of Fall is the changing of the leaves. So, head outdoors for a nice, long walk with your pet. Head to a park, hit the trail or just take a nice walk around your neighborhood. However you choose to enjoy the fresh air, don’t forget your camera!
- Attend a Fall Festival – Look online or in your local papers for all of the Fall events going on around town. Take your pet to see all of the sights and sounds while you both socialize and enjoy some festive treats. Just remember to call ahead to make sure that pets are welcome.
- Go Apple Picking – Who doesn’t love a fresh baked apple pie on Thanksgiving? Head to an apple orchard with your furry little buddy, and pick something delicious to bake into treats to share with friends and family.
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch – Halloween may be over, but pumpkins aren’t just for All Hallows Eve. So, grab a leash for Sparky, and spend the day playing in a local pumpkin patch. Just be sure to double check that the farm you’re planning to go to is pet-friendly.
- Go for a Hayride – If your pet loves a car ride, then they might also love a hayride in the fresh, open air. Again, just call before arriving to make sure that pets are allowed.
- Head to the Farmer’s Market – Enjoy an afternoon exploring local farmer’s markets with your pet. Take in all of the delicious scents and tastes of the Fall season while bonding with your favorite four-legged companion.
- Bake Fall-Flavored Pet Treats – While you enjoy that pumpkin spiced latte, make sure that your pet has something festive and delicious, too. Find a Fall-themed recipe online or at your local pet store, like pumpkin or apple flavored biscuits, and bake up some treats for your little buddy.
- Enjoy a Fall Picnic at the Park – Since the weather is so lovely, take your pet for a relaxing afternoon at the park. Throw on a cozy sweater, pack a picnic and your pet’s favorite toy, and make a day of it.
- Visit a Pet-Friendly Winery – Is there anything better than a crisp Fall evening at a vineyard? Yes! A crisp Fall evening at a vineyard with your pet!
- Host a Backyard Bonfire – Fall nights are perfect for bringing family, friends and pets together for a bonfire in the backyard. It’s a fun way for everyone to relax under the stars, in the fresh air and just enjoy each other’s company. And, don’t forget the S’mores!
These are just some of the fun, pet-friendly things on our Fall bucket list. What’s on yours?